Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007!!!


Wow what a year this has been. So many thing have changed. Most of them good!

After yrs of trying to get pregnant, on February 7th I found out we were expecting our first child on October 14th! What a rush that news was. Adam and I could hardly believe that it finally happened. The pregnancy was pretty easy.

In June Adam and I flew home to Cali. My family and friends threw me a baby shower. My sister and sister in law did a great job. I was so glad to get to home and share part of my pregnancy with them.

July was a pretty big month for us. Right after the 4th we were told by our landlords that they wanted to sell the house. Mind you I was 6 months pregnant. So we decided to move. We found a cute apt down in Florence Ky just across the river. In the process of us packing, Adam had to do the 2 week annual training with the reservists. He had to go to Indiana for that. While he was gone, the A/C crapped out, and it had to be like 90 degrees with a 100% humidity. Thank goodness for my Friend Danielle. She lent me a window unit, so we could at least sleep. Needless to say, I did not get a whole lot of packing done while Adam was gone. TOO DAMN HOT!!!!

We moved to the apt the last weekend of July. We had a ton of help from the guys that Adam work with. The loading of the truck took them all of 1 1/2 hrs. I could not believe how fast it was. We did not have to pay for the moving truck, thanks to a good Samaritan, that just wanted to support the military. That was totally awesome. Off loading the truck prolly took bout 2 hrs. We decided to take the guys that helped out to lunch at this yummy little mexican restaurant. 9 of us ate for $65.

The first weekend of August, my friends Danielle and Kasi threw me another baby shower. It was alot of fun. they decided to make it Coed. That was interesting and fun. Other then the baby shower nothing else was going on.

September one of my really good friends Chanda came out from Cali to visit. Her mom came a couple days later to visit. It was nice having them here.

October my mom got here. She was coming out to be here for the birth of the baby. She got here on the 8th. On the 10th I had a check up, for the pregnancy. They told me the baby was big and we should schedule a C-section. So we had it scheduled for Oct 12th. Aiden was born October 12, 2006 at 8:32am. He weighed a hefty 8lbs 15 oz and was 20 3/4 in long. My sister was flying in that day. So My mom and Danielle went to the airport to pick her up. I was so glad she made it to see the baby. Adam's family came up and stayed a couple of days, so they could see their new grandson. My mom stayed till Oct 28th. I was so glad she was here.


November was pretty eventful for us. We finally got orders to where we are going to next. It's not where we wanted to go. We are being sent to Camp Lejeune, NC. I lived in NC as a kid, so it is a little exciting to be going back. Danielle and her family moved there right before Thanksgiving, and we have friends there also, so that is nice. It is going to be nice to be back on a military base. I miss all the military stuff. My dad came out for Thanksgiving and did all the cooking. It was so yummy. Scott and Kasi came over for dinner. My dad was here for my b-day. We went out to dinner and shopping on my b-day.


For Christmas we went to visit Adam's family in Ga. Most of his family had not met Aiden yet. He was the hit of the holidays. We had a nice time down there. It is always nice to be around family for the holidays. Aiden traveled well. We drove down there. Took a little longer then usual, but hey it is worth it to have this little boy. Scott and Kasi came over for the New Years eve. It was laid back. We grilled burgers and brauts. We watched the ball drop in Times Square, and then off to bed we went.


I wish everyone a HAPPY and wonderful New Year. I am not sure what to expect within the coming year, but hopefully it is all good. I will be going home for a little bit. My baby sister is getting married in May, and one of my bestest friends is getting married in October, so I will be home for those.


Happy New Year!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

The little man is getting so big! He is such a handsome little guy!:-)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

9:31 PM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

HEY!! Are you ever going to blog again, woman??

3:26 PM, June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home